About Me

My photo
Daughter of the Most High King by the Power of the Blood of Jesus. Living for my Heavenly Father and my Lord. Growing daily into the princess I was created to be. Loving My Husband - One Kiss at a Time - Nurturing My Children - One Smile at a Time - Making the World a Prettier Place - One Stitch at a Time - Reading the Best Books First - One Page at a Time - Walking with the Lord - One Step at a time

Friday 24 February 2012

The Potpourri Prayer

I have owned a copy of this book for at least 18 months possibly 2 years. It was one of those things I was going to get round to.

Well a couple of weeks ago after my retreat I finally started to use it and I can't even begin to explain how wonderful I have found it.

After a couple of days of using it I sent for two more copies, one for my son and one "just in case".

That really says something because I don't usually buy multiple copies of books.

It may not be a book which suits everyone, you need to be a little flexible as instead of the usual twenty (or fifteen for the really inflexible) mysteries there are thirty-five.

That gives a different set for each day of the week, as well as that there are a choice of five different sets of bible verses.

There are different ways of using the book all explained in the book itself, but the way I am using it I will only repeat the same verses once every five weeks and for myself this seems tailored to my needs.

There are also opening and closing prayers and different prayers for each decade....

First       For Priests
Second  For the Souls in Purgatory
Forth      Prayers of Thanksgiving
Fifth       Prayers of Praise

I intentionally left our the third decade because that is what they call the Potpourri Prayers and although it does give some suggestions (and starts of with the St Raphael Christian Community, the authors parish - which seems only fair and I am sure she prays for her readers) it is for our own personal intentions.

So here is my own mix of Potpourri for this season of my life.....

For health and stability in my own family, peace in their hearts and conversion in their souls and for those in our parish and the world.

For my associates in the Rosary Confraternity, the Confraternity of the Passion International,  the Confraternity of Our Lady of Mercy, the Confraternity of Consolers, the St Mary MacKillop Rosary Circle and all their intentions.

For all religious Brothers and Sisters and in particular for the Sisters of the Cross and Passion and their Associates and for an increase in vocations.

For the protection of the Unborn, an end to abortion and abundant mercy for those who are or have faced this difficult decision.

For all children who's lives are effected by their parents negative choices, particularly L & L and C & G.

Lent is such a good time to overhaul our intentions and maybe even our whole prayer life.

1 comments:

Tina Nies said...

Angela, you have a beautiful blog!
I'd love to share my new book with you, "40 Day LoveFest for Christians: a daily practice of self-love and reflection"

I'll send you a complimentary pdf copy if you send your email to me at tina@tinanies.com

thanks,
tina