About Me

My photo
Daughter of the Most High King by the Power of the Blood of Jesus. Living for my Heavenly Father and my Lord. Growing daily into the princess I was created to be. Loving My Husband - One Kiss at a Time - Nurturing My Children - One Smile at a Time - Making the World a Prettier Place - One Stitch at a Time - Reading the Best Books First - One Page at a Time - Walking with the Lord - One Step at a time

Saturday 10 December 2011

Chaplet of the Most Precious Blood

When I first started to look into all things Catholic one of the things I researched was praying with beads.

The major prayer of course was the rosary, which I love, but a whole world of precious prayer opened up beyond that as I discovered the beautiful chaplets which could be prayed on beads, either on a standard rosary or on set of beads designed for the prayer itself.

One of the first chaplets I bought was the Most Precious Blood pictured above and here is how to pray it....

This devotion consists of seven mysteries in which we meditate on the seven times Jesus shed His Most Precious Blood. The Chaplet is divided into 6 groups of 5 beads each and 3 closing beads, for a total of 33 beads in honor of the 33 years in the earthly life of Jesus.

1st Mystery - Jesus shed His Blood in His circumcision
We ask for chastity of body and spirit.
2nd Mystery - Jesus shed His Blood in the Garden of Olives
We ask for the spirit of prayer.
3rd Mystery - Jesus shed His Blood in the scourging
We ask for patience and self control.
4th Mystery - Jesus shed His Blood in the crown of thorns
We ask for the humility to atone for our pride.
5th Mystery - Jesus shed His Blood carrying the Cross
We ask for the strength to bear our earthly burdens.
6th Mystery - Jesus shed His Blood in the Crucifixion
We ask for contrition.
7th Mystery - Jesus shed His Blood as His side was pierced
We ask for the grace of perseverance.

Begin the chaplet by praying
V. Incline unto my aid, O God!
R. O Lord, make haste to help me!
V. Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and the Holy Spirit
R. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
Amen

The first six decades are prayed in this manner
On each of the five beads, pray
1 Our Father
After each decade, pray one Glory Be and this prayer
V. We therefore pray Thee, help Thy servants!
R.
Whom Thou hast redeemed with Thy Precious Blood!

At the last decade, on each of the three beads, pray
1 Our Father
After this decade, pray one Glory Be and this prayer
V. We therefore pray Thee, help Thy servants!
R.
Whom Thou hast redeemed with Thy Precious Blood!

Concluding Prayer (Optional)
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ in atonement for my sins, in supplication for the holy souls in Purgatory and for the needs of Holy Church. Amen.

Beautiful Beads for a Beautiful Prayer

0 comments: