About Me

My photo
Daughter of the Most High King by the Power of the Blood of Jesus. Living for my Heavenly Father and my Lord. Growing daily into the princess I was created to be. Loving My Husband - One Kiss at a Time - Nurturing My Children - One Smile at a Time - Making the World a Prettier Place - One Stitch at a Time - Reading the Best Books First - One Page at a Time - Walking with the Lord - One Step at a time

Sunday 11 December 2011

What Are You Giving Jesus For Christmas?


Christmas presents are sometimes difficult to choose and as the old saying goes "What do you get for the man who has everything?"

How much more does this apply when that man is the Incarnate Word, whose Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills!

Although he is the one with the most, he is still the easiest to choose a gift for!

He has made it abundantly clear that He only wants one thing from us LOVE.

As wonderful as the idea of simply giving Him love, is it is still nice to chose a "concrete" way of expressing that love to Him.

So, my present to Jesus this year is going to be to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet 300 times. Not all in one go of course, but over the year starting on Christmas Day, after all it is His birthday!

I am actually hoping to pray it every day, but if I commit myself to 300 and manage to do more it will be a nice surprise, for me not for Him - He already knows!

While I am at it I am going to give my Holy Mother 300 garlands of roses.

There is of course another old saying "It is better to give than to receive".

Never is this truer than when you give to God especially in prayer.

So even though my prayers are my present to them I know that they will bring a huge blessings of peace and mercy to me and my home.

0 comments: