About Me

My photo
Daughter of the Most High King by the Power of the Blood of Jesus. Living for my Heavenly Father and my Lord. Growing daily into the princess I was created to be. Loving My Husband - One Kiss at a Time - Nurturing My Children - One Smile at a Time - Making the World a Prettier Place - One Stitch at a Time - Reading the Best Books First - One Page at a Time - Walking with the Lord - One Step at a time

Sunday 11 December 2011

My Rosary

Having an obsessive personality when I started to research prayer beads I got really into them and consequently I have a lot of rosaries and chaplets. I keep them all over the place I even took up making them.

I love them all ......

But these are my favourite. These are the ones I choose to wear.

I have changed the cricifix for this one


Now I know that a lot of Catholics frown on the wearing of rosary beads, but you can feel free to frown if you want to and I will continue to feel free to wear my beads.

I am committed to praying both the Rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet hopefully daily and I find that the best way to make sure that I do this is to wear my beads.

I have always (since becoming a Christian) worn a cross or crucifix around my neck and by looping my rosary around my neck and slipping the crucifix through the loop it hangs at the same level as my cross used to.

I take them off to sleep and put them back on first thing in the morning. That way when I go to bed and take off my beads and realise that I did not pray both the Rosary and the Divine Mercy chaplet then it is time to do it before I go to sleep.

These particular beads are ideal for praying the Rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet because they have the Divine Mercy image on one side of the bead and Our Lady on the other.

I didn't make them, but I have added to them, to make them my own. I attached a scapular medal where the centre piece is and the medals of four of my favourite saints where the Our Father beads are.

I love the feeling of them around my neck, I even like the sound of the medals when they clink together, its like the saints themselves are calling me to come and join them in prayer.

0 comments: